Monday, December 13, 2010

Ask Men Style Correspondent - Sean Avery



Sean Avery lives a double life: pest in the rink and fashion expert off the ice. Bi-weekly Sean writes a Style Q&A for AskMen.com. His posts are a little tricky to find, but it is definitely worth the search for the useful tips and laughs. Here are some of my favourite questions and responses:

What do your teammates think about your interest in fashion?

My teammates totally accept my interest in fashion, and are slowly starting to ask me when nobody is looking what they could do to improve their look.

The first thing I tell all of them is that their clothes don’t fit and are too baggy. A baggy black suit with a dress shirt that is too big looks like you sell carpets; a simple slim black suit with a fitted shirt makes you look like a man with class.

What’s your take on the pink-shirt debate?

I really think that unless it’s an Easter-egg hunt, you should not ever wear a pink shirt.

What's your take on leather coats over suits? I'm currently looking at a brown leather (I believe calfskin) coat to wear over my brown suit, but seeing as I'm usually a pretty fashionable man and this coat will set me back a pretty penny, I have to know if it'll work to save face and money.

Unless you’re Shaft, do not ever wear a leather trench coat over a suit or your pajamas... Jesus.

I have a question that pertains to shoes and belts. I seem to have a difficult time finding a belt that matches my shoes, or vice versa. Do the belt and shoe have to be the same color or can one be a couple of shades off?

Your belt just has to be in the family -- it can be any shade of brown or blue. The only rule I have is never wear a white belt with white shoes.

Actually, don't ever wear a white belt ever!

Winter is on its way, men, so start wearing a lot of black -- you really can't f*ck that up....

Peace & Love,
Sean

0 comments: